Saturday, July 14, 2012

What we perceive and how others perceive us are two different things. This past May I had been hospitalized three times. I am going to say the Nursing staff at the hospital where I was admitted took outstanding care of me. I couldn't have been happier with their service and attentiveness. On the flipside, Its always frustrating having a nurse or a doctor that does not understands the disorder.That's not such a bad thing, but in this case when you're in a place getting help for something that is so debilitating, it hurts emotionally when the vibe you are feeling around you is a negative one. Not only are feelings hurt but it may sometimes delay whatever treatment I may seek in the future. Thats not such a good plan for a CVS sufferer. The complications of delaying medical attention can be very serious. While I can not expect anyone who does not know about the disorder to fully understand how I feel, I can only say that the most ignorant person is the one who does not ask questions. Just because someone does not look sick, does not mean they aren't feeling horriband wear nice clothes. I feel if you look good on the outside, it can make whatever horrible feeling you have on the inside a little more tolerable. The worse I look, the worse I feel. Who the heck wants to vomit for days on end, who wants to look like you haven't seen the light of day, not be able to go to work and do normal everyday things; not me. I wish I had a job and mingled with the outside world. Most days are spent either playing catch-up with house chores, or at some doctors appointment. Most of the time, I don't even have energy or I have a headache. It's always something, so I am putting so much hope on a cure. At the same time, I need to be realistic and understand that I may have something that I may have to deal with for the rest of my life. So for every negative that is thrown at me, I am going to find a positive. Linda Hope Starts Here

No comments:

Post a Comment